- Make sure your mail protection solution is blocking macro-enabled documents and .js scripts
- Ensure users are blocked from access to downloading Tor by blacklisting the following URL: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html (the Locky virus in particular relies on downloading and installing the Tor browser and some versions may use Tor to contact the command and control servers)
- Block any items falling under the category of "proxy avoidance" or "anonymizers."
- Disable Java in client browsers (for more information, see the following links)
- And we suggest that access to the following IPs be completely blocked at the firewall:
You can learn more about the Locky virus here.
Please take a look at some of our technology solutions! We would love to speak with you.